A special thanks to Julia Clark for bringing in 10 of her riders from Crescent Stables for a workshop to the TWC.
It was a packed 1.5 hours, as riders increased their awareness about their body’s strengths and imbalances. We did a self-assessment to discover areas that are tight or unstable, learned about how to use the core for stability and control, and then they experienced Pilates on the reformer and mat. It was a lot of fun and so wonderful to share our method with more people.
If you have a group that you think would benefit from something like this, let us know and we can put together a special workshop just for you.
Coming up soon is a series of Complimentary Pilates Classes for people wanting to try Pilates. Participants can choose from specific classes for either Back Care, Sports/fitness, 60+, and Golfers. Please pass this information onto your friends, neighbours, family and colleagues. TWC_enlarged poster_may18
Last week, Anne and I did some filming for the upcoming movie nights in Tsawwasen this summer. Our task was to come up with things that people perhaps don’t know about the TWC. “Did you know that…?”
Here’s what we came up with:
At the TWC Pilates and Health, did you know that:
1. We use Pilates equipment, it’s not just matwork?
2. Pilates is a weight bearing activity that helps with bone density?
3. Pilates can improve your sport or game by improving posture, alignment, strength and flexibility?
4. Pilates will improve your back health?
5. Pilates is safe for anyone at any age. TWC clients range from 12 – 80 years of age.
6. We specialize in the baby boomer by providing a safe and comfortable environment, small groups and customize care.
Look for us in the pre-movie shows and you’ll see Anne doing some beautiful Pilates.
Have a great week!